Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Year End Round Up 2 - The Dutch - English Connection




In April my parents and family friend, Ginnie came to see us and the bulb fields and they were back again in early December for joint birthday celebrations for Jules and I, plus St. Nick of course (5th December). Mum got the chance to pose with some of those really colourful Dutch cows!!!

In the Summer Jules, Theor, Bailey and I drove to France to meet with Giles, Fiona, Vickie, Tilly, Mum and Dad for a week, Jules is now has a great Enlish vocab, with a few choice words from here Uncle and Grandpa, including 'you pst' and 'shut up you dog!'. This Christmas will give us a few more I am sure and we look forward to aweek in Dorset celebrating in true Vigar style yet again!

Finally, having an English 'sister' Jules continues to be my personal Dutch coach! Her vocab is expanding by the day and I am finding it harder to catch up, so more Dutch lessons in the near your for me :-) Of course, when we cannot find the words, we can always dance. I love this picture and we gave it to Theor as a belated Valentine's gift from the both of us!
The Girls! September, 2005, Pelgrimspoort 11, Ledien

No comments: